Change Your Future: Apply to Rancho Cielo’s Construction Academy
The Construction Academy is a unique experience, where students are engaged in our classroom, vocational activities and workshops through Rancho Cielo’s partnership with Hartnell College’s East Campus, John Muir Charter School and The Offset Project specializing in Solar Panel installation.
This program will serve up to 25 students at a time, with open enrollment.
Monday – Thursday, 8:00 am-2:30 pm
Friday 8:00 am-11:00 am, JMCS Academic Class
Program start/end dates:
- August thru June every year.
- On-going enrollment, interested students may enroll into the Rancho Cielo Program.
- 16 to 25 years of age
- Not a High School Diploma Graduate (may transfer a GED into a HS Diploma)
- Meet Workforce Investment Act (WIA) income eligibility requirements
- At-risk: low income, drug use, gang involvement, criminal background, truancy, school credit deficient, school drop outs, probation referral, homeless, on foster care
- Drug free
- Required to follow strict dress code guidelines and behavioral expectations while enrolled in the program, both on and off campus
- Must follow the law and conditions of their probation
Students will receive the following services from the program:
- Construction training: currently installing solar panels on campus
- Class at Hartnell College: currently enrolled in Welding
- Career and skills assessment
- California standard instruction (Literacy & Numeracy) by Certificated Teachers
- Credit recovery toward a high school diploma
- General Education Development (GED) instruction on the way to earning their diploma
- Basic computer skills instruction
- Small class sizes; individual instruction as needed
- College readiness, enrollment assistance, academic counseling
- Behavioral health counseling as needed
- Opportunities for electives, such as art, music and physical education
- Assistance in externship placement for additional work experience
- Stipend payments earned for working events outside of school hours
- Pre-Employment skills training and job search assistance and placement
- Access to community resources and individual case management
- Assistance with referrals to supportive services (transportation, job search clothing, child care, etc).