Ag Processing & Mechanics
The Rancho Cielo Ag Processing & Mechanics program is a unique experience, giving students hands-on training, as well as academic instruction in the classroom, leading to the completion of high school diploma in partnership with WASC-accredited, John Muir Charter School. Students who participate in the Ag Processing & Mechanics program will learn the mechanics, food safety, electrical of the salad factory line, commonly referred to as “Value Added.” Students will have the opportunity to maintain and repair machinery and equipment that is essential to the agriculture industry.
Students will have the opportunity to visit and learn from various agriculture companies, such as Taylor Farms, Mann Packing, D’Arrigo, Costa Family Farms, Dole, Ocean Mist. In addition, Students will have the opportunity to learn from Hartnell instructors and professionals currently working in the agriculture industry.
First semester courses:
Second semester courses:
These courses will prepare students for the Refrigerating Engineers and Technicians Association, (RETA) Examination, which will allow students to obtain an entry-level certification: CARO, Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator as well as a High School Diploma.
This program will serve up to 30 students at a time, with open enrollment.
Monday - Thursday, 7:45am-2:30pm
Friday - 7:45am-1:30pm
Program start/end dates:
August – June: On-going enrollment, Edna Valdez, Outreach & Recruitment Coordinator at email@example.com (831) 998-6316
- 16 to 24 years of age
- Not a High School Diploma Graduate
- Underserved Youth
Students will receive the following services from the program:
- Hands on experience: Students will learn to fix and maintain industrial food processing equipment
- Career and skills Assessment
- Credit recovery toward a high school diploma
- Small class sizes
- College readiness, enrollment assistance, academic counseling
- Behavioral health counseling
- Opportunities for electives, such as Art, CrossFit, Animal Care, Sports, Bike Repair, Fishing and much more!
- Pre-Employment skills training and job search assistance
- Access to community resources and individual case management
- Assistance with referrals to supportive services