Ag Processing & Mechanics
Ag Processing & Mechanics Program:
The Rancho Cielo Ag Processing & Mechanics program is a unique experience, giving students hands-on training, as well as academic instruction in the classroom, leading to the completion of high school diploma in partnership with WASC-accredited, John Muir Charter School. Students who participate in the Ag Processing & Mechanics program will learn the mechanics, food safety, electrical of the salad factory line, commonly referred to as “Value Added.” Students will have the opportunity to maintain and repair machinery and equipment that is essential to the agriculture industry. Learn more in the Student Handbook.
Students will have the opportunity to visit and learn from various agriculture companies, such as Taylor Farms, Mann Packing, D’Arrigo, Costa Family Farms, Dole, and Ocean Mist. In addition, students will have the opportunity to learn from professionals currently working in the agriculture industry.
Distance Learning Schedule:
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, classes are currently being held remotely. There are many challenges to learning and teaching online and together we will have to work through those and find solutions.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am-12 pm
View the detailed daily schedule here. View the Academic Calendar here.
Program start/end dates:
- August thru June every year.
- On-going enrollment, interested students may apply at any time.
- 16 to 24 years of age
- Not a High School Graduate (Has not earned a High School Diploma)
- Underserved Youth
Students will receive the following services:
- Hands-on Experience
- Career and Skills Assessment
- Small class sizes
- College readiness, enrollment assistance, academic counseling
- Behavioral health counseling
- Pre-employment skills training
- Job search assistance
- Access to community resources
- Individual case management
- Field Trips
- Assistance with referrals to supportive services (transportation, job search, child care, etc.)
- Elective Opportunities