How to Help
Donating to Rancho Cielo
When you donate to a charity, you enter into an unwritten social contract. You expect that the charity will use your funds wisely, that they will follow laws and general accounting principles, that they will not be wasteful, and that they will direct your funds to achieve the results they advertise. Savvy social investors have moved away from the notion that a non-profit should have bare-bones overhead. Growing and dynamic businesses, especially in volatile industries, need qualified leadership and financial acumen to succeed.
RANCHO CIELO DOES NOT SELL NOR SHARE ITS MAILING LIST OR DONOR LIST WITH ANYONE, nor do we send mailings on behalf of other organizations.
Your investment in Rancho Cielo has produced:
- More than 300 diplomas for young people who had lost hope of achieving that milestone.
- Successful job placement and job retention for 90% of graduates, even one year after program graduation.
- Additional students who cleared significant barriers in their lives so they could move forward, with the help of Probation supervision, Behavioral Health Counseling, and supportive services like interview clothing, child car seats, or bus passes.
- Scholarships for graduates to attend Hartnell College, Monterey Peninsula College, and Le Cordon Bleu in Pasadena, San Francisco, and Scottsdale, as well as L’Escoffier School in Austin, Texas!
- Ongoing counseling and employment assistance for graduates, regardless of how long ago they flew out of the nest.
- A perfect independent audit, demonstrating that we steward our donors’ money with integrity and effectiveness.
As reflected in our Guidestar Platinum Seal of Transparency, we work hard to earn your trust. Your generosity will help support Rancho Cielo’s primary objective: to curb gang violence by providing opportunities for our marginalized youth to become productive citizens. Education, vocational training and job readiness are vehicles for Rancho Cielo youth to develop self-esteem and self-sufficiency. With your support, Rancho Cielo will be able to continue to work with the community to deliver alternative activities to stem the rising tide of juvenile crime in Monterey County while providing viable economic opportunities to those who cross the gates of opportunity. To make a donation now, please use the “Donate” button below:
If you prefer to mail your donation, please send to: PO BOX 6948, Salinas, CA 93912.
Planned gifts, such as bequests or charitable trusts, can be an advantageous way to provide for a future gift to Rancho Cielo. By helping to establish a sustainable future for Rancho Cielo your gift will help ensure a more prosperous economy, help fill the jobs of tomorrow, and more importantly, help our county’s most vulnerable youth reach their full potential.
Planned giving involves providing for a future gift to charities through your financial and estate plans. Rancho Cielo welcomes gifts made through different planned giving arrangements. These arrangements can:
- Provide for you or your loved ones
- Entitle you to charitable income and/or gift or estate tax deductions
- Enable you to leave a legacy for Rancho Cielo
The Judge John Phillips Legacy Circle
The Judge John Phillips Legacy Circle honors Judge Phillips, founder of Rancho Cielo, and his vision to end youth violence through education and job training. Your legacy gift will ensure that the impact we have today continues tomorrow and forever.
If you’re considering a gift to Rancho Cielo through your estate, or have already done so, please let us know. We would like to thank you for your generosity, make sure the purpose of your gift is understood by our agency, and recognize you as a member of Rancho Cielo’s honorary society, the Judge John Phillips Legacy Circle.
Please fill out this form and return to PO Box 6948, Salinas, CA 93912 to let us know of your gift.
For more information please contact:
Legal Name: RANCHO CIELO, INC
Federal Tax I.D. Number: 77-0555859
Ready to start planning? The Community Foundation for Monterey County has a wide array of resources available that can help you achieve your philanthropic goals. Visit their Planned Giving page.
Thank you for your support.
Judge John Phillips Legacy Circle Members
Ted & Velma Balestreri
Joseph Branner Trust*
Stan & Susie Brusa
Ricky & Cecy Cabrera
Carlota Cano Estate*
Don & Barbara Chapin
Costa Family Farms
Mitsuko Couch Higashi
Honorable Richard & Karen Curtis
Bert & Bella Cutino
Mary Jane Drummond Trust*
Jim & Jeri Gattis
Sal Gutierrez & Mary Anderson
Patti K. Hoss & Peter Taylor Hoss*
Michael & Gloria Ipson
Chef Paul & Barbara Lee
Christopher Manke & Lesley Miller Manke
Orradre Ranch LP
Manuel L. Quezada 2012 Trust
Bob & Laraine Sanford
David S. Wilkinson